Singles Do it Better



0 comments
Valentines day, global awareness of being single day, global suck up to your spouse day, global you must buy your spouse a gift day. 


To be honest i've never been one for valentines day. I think it's overrated. Ten years ago my Granddad passed away on V day. And I've only been in a relationship (if you could call it that) for one or two v days and one of which I was cheated on, so I guess you could say I don't have the best track record.


Now i'm not a grinch about it. Others should get their romantic on. However, I don't believe there should be such a fuss made about it on just one day. 


I am also aware that other girls may feel the world shoving love in the face on V day. So two girlfriends of mine and myself were talking about it a while ago and thought, why not get a bunch of us single girls together and enjoy a single ladies valentines dinner?


So....we did exactly that.


We invited a bunch of friends and I hosted an intimate dinner. Each girl received an invitation which requested them to show up 'dressed to impress'. None of this daggy clothes business. We were going all out for each other.


And they lived up to the request. 


Some photos edited by my good mate Tim. He's got mad skills


 Cute little place cards from kikki.K filled with scriptures for each individual 




 Beautiful flowers by fox and rabbit. This photo just doesn't do them justice 

My darling son wouldn't sleep, so he got kisses instead. And some douche in the background pulling a face
Me and my valentine

I truly enjoyed Valentines day this year. During dinner I kept looking around seeing the ladies engaged in conversation, lots of laughs and lots of smiles. I hope good friendships were formed.

There's no real reason to be upset or depressed because you're single on Valentines day. You're not alone. It doesn't have to be about someone you're in a relationship with, show love to a friend, appreciate those that love you and show you love. Buy yourself something nice, love on yourself! 

And if you're in a relationship and your partner doesn't live up to what you were expecting. Who cares? I'm sure the good they do throughout the year  outweighs not making a big spectacle on a day society claims they are meant to. And if the last sentence wasn't true for your relationship....uh oh. Ha! 

I'm thoroughly enjoying this season of being single. I'm getting to know myself and love myself more. I thoroughly enjoyed spending my valentines day with other single girls and not once did I hear whinging about being single. 

I hope this tradition keeps up, I just hope i'm not hosting it for the rest of my life ;)

Miss Crosby x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

newer post older post