Yucky Bugs



0 comments
*Warning* This will probably be one of those posts that non parents go 'yuck' to. I apologise in advance. I can't help it. Quit while you're ahead...


So sickness has hit our house. I was thinking to myself just the other day that we've have a pretty good run lately, I guess I didn't touch wood afterwards. My poor little sweetheart has some sort of stomach bug. It started last night with an amazing power chuck, and has continued since. Well actually, I thought we were over it until about an hour ago. And up again we are.


I may be pathetic, but it still breaks my heart when I see my little one in pain. I'm so used to my happy, energetic, rather crazy boy so to see him not so lively is just so strange. That's when you know he's really sick.


Last night I was up doing all the washing that was dirtied by the grossness of the power chuck, then he was up just trying to settle and watching Thomas the Tank Engine. I believe the theme song is now permanently stuck in my brain...So today has been a struggle. Especially at uni, which was actually an important day!


Anyway, enough rambling. 


So right now, Leon is fast asleep next to me. I can't help but look at him. I can't help but to feel so proud of him. I can't help but to feel such an overwhelming sense of love for him. 


It's crazy that one little person can provide so much joy to ones life. I am so incredibly blessed to have him in my life. I am so blessed to call him my son. I love that right now, I am his everything. I dread the day that that changes....


Sorry, this is probably as sappy as I get. I love him! I always think, those times when things get really tough and I want to give up, I look at him, and remember he deserves the world. I work hard and strive to succeed so that we can have the best chance at life. Doesn't always mean materialistic things, but sometimes just as simple as love. And boy does he get that.


I should probably get some sleep. Who knows how many more times i'll be up tonight comforting my sick little boy. But I'll try not to complain too much tomorrow about being sleep deprived. The extra cuddles from the sick one and the cute little smiles are more than worth it.


Daytime cuddles with Mumma

Midnight baths to soothe sore belly's. 

Zonked out, watching Thomas


So much love.


Miss Crosby x 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

newer post older post