Breakfast...



1 comments
...Is the most important meal of the day, but all too often can be the most bland. Most days I'm in a rush to get to work, and to make sure my little one is fed and full. In fact, when he was newborn, it was a rare occasion when I could actually sit down and enjoy a meal. But breakfast was by far the hardest meal to complete. Countless times my cup of tea sat there, untouched, until I eventually remembered that I had made one, and then it was too late. So much wasted tea.

I am not a morning person, and having a child has not changed this at all. I'm not one of those people who can wake up and bounce out of bed; it's usually a slow roll. Even with a toddler roaming around the house, I tend to bring him into bed with me in the morning just so that I can have a few extra minutes in bed. Lazy? Maybe. Smart? I like to think so.

Anyway, breakfast. Possibly my most favourite meal of the day. Only problem is, when it's such a rushed meal it can become repetitive and bland. I've been trying some new things lately to keep from falling into this pattern. I work alternate weekends, so on the Saturdays that I'm home, we have 'Pancake Saturday'! The trick is mixing up the batter the night before and putting it in the fridge to set overnight. If you can't be bothered doing that, just give it half an hour at least. Honestly, you'll thank me for it. And if I'm feeling super nice, the little one gets some chocolate-chips in his. He doesn't complain.

I love cooked breakfasts and I especially love cafes that do 'All Day' breakfasts. It's most definitely the first thing I look for on the menu. One of my favourite cafes has an incredible menu, especially their breakfast items. You'll receive a very generous serving of a delicious meal that won't cost you an arm and a leg for.
One of the other advantages to this cafe for me is they have pencils and crayons with plenty of colouring books. Helps keep the little one entertained whilst I catch up with friends and enjoy my meal. They also have a great kids menu. Check out Elixir Cafe in Wanneroo. 


But seriously, who always has the time or the money to venture out for breakfast? Or to even make breakfast? This predicament has lead me to making breakfast muffins and freezing them, for times when I'm on the run. Like I said, I'm not a morning person, and when I'm running a little late for work, I have to be able to pick something up and go. Savoury breakfast muffins are great for this, however I'm still on the hunt for some delicious recipes; any suggestions?

Right now I'm loving the good ol' classic yoghurt, muesli and strawberries, just in time for summer. The other day I had the luxury of a lay-in, so I grabbed a book, some yoghurt with the extras, and tucked myself into bed. It was certainly a nice start to my long day. Such a simple combination, but amazingly good. I'm also wanting to try new yoghurts, feel free to suggest!




My darling little man isn't as inclined to try new things, so he sticks to Weetbix, Vegemite on toast, 'Pancake Saturday', or when he's sleeping over at Nana's, he gets a special treat of Rice Bubbles. Bless him.

Miss Crosby x

1 comments:

Carolyn Crook at: 4 January 2012 at 19:57 said...

I recognise that bowl :)

Post a Comment

newer post older post