It's Summer Baby!



2 comments

I am absolutely loving this holiday season! Perth has been beautiful, fantastic weather. It did feel a little strange on Christmas day that it wasn't sweltering, but I survived. I've even managed to get a few days off work so I can really enjoy them and if you’ve ever worked in retail over the holiday season you’ll understand what an achievement that is!

It’s just been a time to relax and catch up with friends, especially those who are home over Christmas. My brother, sister-in-law and their two beautiful girls are over too so trying to see them as much as possible. My niece and son are only a few months apart and they’re really enjoying each others company. It makes me wish we didn’t live so far apart so they could grow up playing together….oh well wishful thinking.

I’ve even managed to spend a lot of time in the water, which is amazing! I absolutely love the beach but it’s been difficult the past two years to really spend some quality time down there, need to protect the little baby skin. But he loves the water just as much as I do. We’ve spent hours down in the water and building sandcastles. Definitely a lot more summers to be spent down there. Too bad his tan kicks my tans butt!


 Christmas day was a long, long day. Christmas with kids is far more exhausting than I realised! This is the first year he has started to understand about Christmas so it was really fun. He's been seeing all the decorations and Santa's around so he's been getting into the spirit of things. I tried to make Christmas morning really special for him by setting his room up with decorations and all his presents under a little tree. I think I was a little bit more excited than him.

It's times like these that being a single mum can be a little bit difficult, I find. It's times like these that I wish someone was there; someone that could help me set things up or get excited about what we are doing that day, someone I could share memories with. Christmas Eve was a little lonely. It's just me, no one else I can turn to and talk to when things are getting crazy or even just share the good times with. As much as Christmas was a fun day, it did get me down...

Thankfully, I have a little boy who loves me to pieces. Even when he woke up on Christmas to see presents and all the decorations, he ran straight into my bed and gave me big morning cuddles and fell back to sleep next to me. He makes all the tough times worth it (cliché I know but so true). Even if I may not have a man to wake up to every morning and come home to every night, I have my son; and so far he has been far greater than any man I have thought I’ve loved. He is love. 

Anyway, I’ve managed to put those thoughts to the back of my mind for now and focus on what’s good.

What’s good….
I have a beautiful, loving and incredible son who is the apple of my eye
I have incredible friends who always try to help me out and make me feel loved
I have an incredibly supportive family who help me chase my dreams
And I have me

So now it’s back to making the most of summer. I can see more summer night BBQ’s with friends, laughing into the night. I can see much more time at the beach, maybe building a huge sandcastle? I can see more smoothies (I love a good smoothie) and I see a bright future ahead.

The other day we were at a friends house for a BBQ and while Leon was on the trampoline having a great time, I was playing cricket by the pool. After being ruled out, two of the boys decided it would be hilarious to pick me up and throw me into the pool. My friend who was supervising Leon on the trampoline said as soon as he saw the boys chasing me he stopped bouncing, watched very carefully as to what was happening to me and had a rather concerned expression on his face. Then he saw me get thrown into the pool, surface and laugh, then went back to jumping around. It’s pretty cute to know how concerned he was. He really does love his mumma.


Miss Crosby x       

2 comments:

Anonymous at: 4 January 2012 at 18:52 said...

tear to my eyes, is it weird that I think this one is the best. I guess because it features me.

Carolyn Crook at: 4 January 2012 at 19:54 said...

I love your blogs Megan ... this will be worth "gold" in your bubba's and your life... love you lots Miss Crosby!!!

Post a Comment

newer post older post