A Little Exciting



0 comments
Well, exciting to me, maybe not to you.  

A few weeks ago I had the pleasure and privilege to meet Bernadette Black who is a very inspirational teen mother. She actually played a very big role in my story, whichI will go into  at a later date. Anyway, I was fortunate enough to be able to sit down and have dinner with her on her very short trip to Perth and what can I say, she is amazing! 

Whilst we were chatting I mentioned my blog and how I was still starting but wanting to use it more as a tool to reach young girls, especially young mums. She said that sounded interesting and she'd love to read it, so after connecting on good ole' facebook I sent her the link. I received a beautiful message from her a little later on about how much she loved it! Bernadette then asked me if she was able to add a direct link onto her website to my blog so of course I said yes! I can't wait to share my story and life with so many other girls who have been through or are going through a similar life journey, it's such an honour! If you wanted to look through her website yourself or maybe even read some stories from some other people who have experienced teen pregnancy then you can find it here. I have so much more to say on the topic and eventually i'll get to it, but for now, hello to any new readers who may have stumbled across my page through the Brave Foundation page, happy to have you :) 

So I figured now I should probably try and get a little more swanky with this blog page. I am not good at this webpage/technology stuff. Sometimes I wish I could just write with pen and paper and it would reach the world. But alas, we live in a technology driven world. Just today instagram has been down and so many people are already having withdrawals! So I guess I should pick up my game...

A beautiful friend of mine and I have been talking for ever it seems about shooting together. I kind of took advantage (sorry Rachel) of the idea and asked if maybe she would be kind enough to shoot Leon and I for this page. She was happy enough to oblige, so this past Friday I spent the day at her house shooting with my darling boy by my side...for the most part. I believe when they say not to work with animals and kids, whoever 'they' are were completely right. All morning while I was in hair and make up he was so well behaved, happily sat there playing with Lego and watching a movie, only every now and then coming up and talking to me so politely. But of course, when the time came that he needed to be in front of the camera and act all cute was the time he decided he had had enough. I take my hat off to any child photographer, it is not an easy gig! And then when we were shooting just us, I swear every time I had gotten into position and Rachel was ready to shoot....'MUMMY!' ....ahh children.

Regardless of the testing times, I can not wait to share the images with you! We had such a fantastic team with Rachel (who's website I believe is under construction) and Paula, who just captured all that I had envisioned. I don't know if i've ever been this excited for the end product as this before, maybe it's because it has a different purpose for me. Anyway, i'm excited! I don't know what more to say other than stay tuned :) Hope you all have a fantastic weekend.

Sneak peek, my sweetheart. 

Miss Crosby x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

newer post older post