Getting old...



0 comments
And by that I mean, it was my eldest brothers birthday last week. He's getting old (I'm going to be in trouble for that one) 


Well he's not really, but he is eleven years my senior therefore he will always be 'old' to me. 


We celebrated his birthday with a family dinner at his house.  Leon had fallen asleep on the way there so he was sleeping in my nephews bed when he woke up to see drums...needless to say we didn't see him for a while. My nephew is almost seven and he and Leon play together so well now. I love seeing the boys play, it's so cute.


I think while we were eating dinner Leon went quiet.


Very quiet.


We discovered he had laid down on my brothers bed. Which is so odd for my very hyperactive and enthusiastic two year old. It was sweet to see him just, well, doing nothing.




My very clever sister even made my cycling mad brother a 'wheel' cake. It was pretty clever and yummy as well.




I find it funny how siblings grow up. I have four siblings, three brothers and one sister. Currently only two are living in Perth.


Having such an age gap between my eldest brother and myself means we really grew up in different times. I've always been his baby sister, and I rather liked my role of being the annoying little sister ;) 


I remember he said to me maybe two years ago that he didn't see me as his little sister anymore. That mad me sad a little...but after thinking about it I guess we're now both adults, we both have children, our lives aren't so much different as to when I was nine and he was twenty. It's not so bad after all.


However, I will always be the baby of the family, the baby sister. I'm ok with that. 


I love my family.


Miss Crosby x


Ps


I've been slack, but there's quite a few more posts on their way. Watch this space.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

newer post older post