Australians all let us rejoice....



0 comments
Oh how I love Australia. Oh how I love Perth.


I always feel so blessed when I think of  the Country that I have been fortunate enough to be born in and grow up. Even though Australia is so isolated from the rest of the world, it has such beauty and such diversity; not many other countries can boast about that.


I am lucky enough to be able to say that I have travelled to various other countries, so I have had a chance to see what else is out there. And as much as I love visiting places and seeing such rich history, experience other cultures, see beautiful landscapes and enjoy new experiences; I love that I call Australia home.


So often I hear people complaining at how slow Perth is, or how nothing ever happens here; I believe you can take what you want from Perth. Yeah sure, shops may close at 5.30pm, and cafes and restaurants don't stay open much past 11pm, but we generally have such beautiful weather you can enjoy the outdoors and spend it with company. I love the sight of our coastline, and living on the coast means I usually get to see it everyday. No matter how often I see it, I still look in awe at its beauty. 


Anyway, Australia day was sweet. SO hot! Such strange weather. Apparently it got to 41.9 degrees. Didn't really notice too much to be honest. I think once it gets over 38 it all just feels the same.
A lot of this was applied throughout the day, got to protect our precious skin.




Our first stop for the day was to a wonderfully hilarious friends house for a bit of slip'n'slide. I don't actually ever recall doing this before, so I believe it was a first. I felt incredibly uncoordinated at first but once I got the hang, loved it! Leon didn't want to be left out so any chance he would get he'd grab the boogie board and lay down waiting to be pushed down the slip'n'slide as well. Bless.






Then lunch was spent inside in the air conditioning....God bless the person who invented air conditioning. 


After lunch Leon needed a quick nap, all that running around must of tired him out because he went straight to sleep, not a peep was heard from him. Love my baby sleeping. (please excuse the low quality of the photos, I forgot to use my camera not my iPhone, whoops) 


Next stop was for a swim at another friends house. This is where we finished listening to Triple J's hottest 100 countdown. It's like an Australia day must, it needs to be playing. Was so wonderful to hear a local Australian talent win, even if the song has been over played, it happens every year. Solid work.


In the pool we played a little bit of pool volleyball, where my competitive streak came out. I thoroughly enjoyed beating the boys ;) 


Mid afternoon we could see massive storm clouds heading our way. It felt so strange, storm clouds rolling in during such heat. Looked amazing though. Whilst still in the pool,  the heavens opened for us. I loved it! 


It was still hot and sticky but wet at the same time. A bunch of us decided to head to hillaries for some Little Caesars for dinner. Here we were treated to dinner and a show. On the way there there was a beautiful sunset, another one of God's wonders. And then when the clouds laid thick over the night sky, the lightening came. It was just beautiful.


Bit of a shame we didn't head down to the foreshore because from what i've seen, the fireworks that were accompanied by the lightening was spectacular.


Overall, this years Australia day was definitely a favourite for me. Good food, Great company, Australian harsh weather and my baby boy by my side. I loved it! 


Photo taken by Matt Titmanis  during the storm and fireworks. How amazing.


Miss Crosby x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

newer post older post